F is for Flowers Sensory Bin
We have been having some lazy days over here. Even though the girls have been learning, it has been feeling like they have just having fun. I put together this easy sensory bin recipe over the weekend for my toddler this week. Our focus letter for the week is F and for us F is for Flowers. This Sensory bin should be fun for the girls. They usually get a chance to play with it on Sunday but this Sunday was pretty busy with visitors. My plans for this sensory bin is counting of the flowers and number recognition with the introduction of my bottle cap numbers for my toddler. As usual there will be some pouring and scooping because after all it is a sensory bin. I am going to later this week add a small bottle something like a water bottle to it, so that she can take her time and drop beans in there. That way we can work on some fine motor skills. Ingredients:
- Black beans
- Small foam flowers (found them at the Dollar General)
- Ladybugs (bottle cap ladybugs)
- Medium sensory bin
- Add half the black beans to the medium sized bin
- Add some rock, ladybugs, and flowers
- Add the rest of the black beans
- Top with the rest of the flowers, ladybugs and rock.
- Shake it to make it kind of smooth on top
That’s it! I’m hoping that this will be a great sensory bin this week.