Family Roles Craft and Activities
Welcome to another Early Childhood Education Wednesday post, where a team of homeschooling and educational bloggers share free hands-on learning activities for you to try. Last week’s theme was Teddy Bears, this week’s theme is MY Family.
Last week we talked about family and one of the activities that my girls liked the most is the one that they are still wearing right now as I type this up. This activity has my four-year-old spelling the words sister, and almost daughter.
Family Roles Bracelets
- Alphabet beads
- Pony beads
- Pipe cleaners
- Blank paper
- Pen or pencil
- Write out the family roles, Mom, Wife, Dad, Husband, Sister, Daughter, Brother, Son on a piece of paper and cut them out.
- Talk about each family role and have child point out the two rolls that they play in the family first, then move on to the others
- Using the Alphabet beds have the child find the letters to spell out either one or both of their roles
- Let the string them on the pipe cleaners and then they have a bracelet.
- Now you can repeat this for everyone else or have the child do all the roles. We decided to make this a family project.
A couple of ways you can use these bracelets:
- Name bracelets
- Place all the bracelets in a basket or hat
- Let the first player pick from the basket and have them act out the character while the rest of the family guess who it is. Make sure to set the time
- The person who guesses right has the next turn and they also hold on to the bracelet
- If no one gets it right the bracelet is put back into the basket and they get to pick the next person
- Once all bracelets are gone, everyone count up their bracelets and the person who guessed the most roles right is the winner.
Who is really who
Give everyone the wrong bracelet and have your preschooler go around and switch the bracelets putting the right roles on the right person.
This week my daughters did have a favorite of the videos that I presented to them. They enjoyed Word World: The Best Nest, Duck’s Family Reunion the most. This week’s playlist is short and full of family fun songs and shows. (Now I know I like to present free videos but the Word World video you have to pay for. I do not receive anything from it, it’s just the video that we used this week. There are some things that we must buy and videos are on the list)
More My Family Activities that you can do with your Early Learner from the #TeachECE team
- Preschool Science: Exploring Eye Colors in Families by The Preschool Toolbox Blog
- My Family’s Ages Tally Marks by Still Playing School
- Grandparent Interviews by Capri + 3
- Families Around the World Display by Fun-a-Day
- “My Family” Sensory Bin by Munchkins and Moms
- Family Names Alphabet Activity by Mom Inspired Life
- My Family Theme Preschool Scrapbook by Learning 2 Walk
- My Family Beginning Sounds Book by Growing Book by Book
Image be Gadini