How to Dye Rice
Hey guys! I’m dropping a quick post for you all on how to dye rice. Rice play is one of them great sensory materials and just plain old fun. I’m going to keep this short and sweet. So here we go!
What you need:
- Some baggies
- Food coloring (liquid not gel)
- Pour about one cup of rice in a baggie
- Add food coloring (5-7 drops)
- Seal and shake until rice is evenly coated
- Your choice here is to leave it in the biggie over night to dry or lay it out on wax paper or a cookie sheet to dry overnight. Either way has worked just fine for me. I prefer the baggie method, because it’s easier for me to pour it in the bins in colored rows.
Alright now, now you’ve just dyed yourself some rice. Congratulations!
Thanks to Alicia at Learning2Walk for pointing out that I didn’t have the basic dyed rice instructions on here.There here now.